The State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine
The State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine is a central executive body guided and coordinated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine through the Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. The agency is a component of the executive authorities system and ensures implementation of the governmental policy in the areas of effective use of fuel of energy, energy saving, renewable sources of energy and alternative fuels.
Main tasks of the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine are as follows:
- to implement the governmental policy in the areas of effective use of fuel and energy, energy saving, renewable sources of energy and alternative fuels;
- to exercise public supervision in the area of effective use of fuel and energy;
- to ensure a growing share of renewable energy sources and alternative fuels in the energy mix of Ukraine.
The Ministry of Agrarian Policy of Ukraine
The Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine is a central executive body, which operation is guided and coordinated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
The Ministry is the main body within the executive authorities system responsible for making and implementing of:
- national agrarian policy national, agricultural and food safety policies;
- national policies in aquaculture and fishery industry, protection, use and recovery of living aquatic resources, fishing regulation and safe navigation of fishery industry vessels, veterinary medicine, food safety, plant quarantine and protection, plant breeders’ rights, land relations and topographic-geodesic cartographic activity, forestry and hunting industries, oversight (supervision) in the agro-industrial sector.
Pursuant to the Regulations on the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine (approved by Decree No. 500/2011 of the President of Ukraine dated 23 April 2011), the Ministry according to its tasks:
- defines priority areas, strategy and mechanism of development in relevant areas and industries;
- generalizes the practices of applying the legislative acts on the issues within the competence of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine, drafts proposals to improve legislative acts, presidential acts, Cabinet’s acts and duly submits them for review to the President of Ukraine and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- analyses activities and forecast development of agro-industrial production industries taking account of their zonal location, agrarian and food market conjuncture, as well as the need to fill the food market with domestically manufactured products;
- takes actions aimed at technical and process retooling of agro-industrial production industries, development of agricultural machine-building, energy saving, coordination of innovation projects.
The Project activities shall facilitate the fulfillment of the Ministry’s relevant tasks including via engagement of world-class experts and introduction of international best practices and most effective technologies.